Friday, August 29, 2008

Three Years Hence: Deja Vu

I thought you might want to keep track of the Category 3 storm that seems to be bullseye-set on New Orleans. If you'll remember on our first night we had a little quiz about New Orleans. Katrina was a Category 5 storm when it was over the gulf, but Category 3 when it made landfall in New Orleans. Here is a link to NOAA--The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They have the storm track--current and predicted, an up to the minute evaluation of the top sustained winds inside the storm, etc. Please also watch Nola.com for local up to the minute news. Remember, those photographers are the ones we'll be meeting in a few weeks.

I understand from Becky that you talked about stretegies and tangents based on a possible landfall of this storm. I hear some folks have been unable to reach their contacts. I haven't been able to reach my friend down there either. I hope everyone is safe. And frankly, I hope they've left town.

No comments: